What can patients expect in the future?
Our ambitions for integrated care in Northumberland are high. In the future, we want our patients to experience care which is more personalised, built around their individual needs and which consistently delivers a high quality and seamless experience.
In the future, this would mean:
- an easy-to-access, joined-up system which helps support you to keep well
- the appropriate level of care and relevant professionals to meet your individual needs
- an integrated health record, which you and all health care professionals will have access to – this means staff will know about your care and treatment and you will not have to repeat your story
- feeling better informed about health and care, with access to information and resources to help you take responsibility and accountability for maintaining and improving your own health and wellbeing
- knowing how to appropriately use self-care, when to seek help and where from
- better access to advice and support via electronic, telephone and face-to-face consultation, with the appropriate healthcare professional, 365 days a year
- better support with long-term conditions management, including bespoke care plans so that you know what to do and who to speak to if you become unwell, with responsive services to meet your needs
- better support for carers both in local communities with support from the third / voluntary sector and through statutory health and care services
- improved integration of mental health services across primary care and better access to services seven days a week.